Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Had someone ask me what I would do if I could change my past. here's my thoughts...

If I could

If I could go back and change it all,
Would I?
If I could re-write my mistakes,
Would I?

If I changed everything,
Would my life be interesting?
If I never made a mistake,
Would I have learned anything?

If I could right all the wrongs,
Should I?
If I could make my life perfect,
Should I?

If I changed every decision,
Would I be the person I am today?
If lived my life perfectly,
Where would I be today?

If I could remove all the blunders,
How do I?
If I could remove all the stumbles,
How Do I?

If I changed my past,
Would it make my present any better?
If I changed my life,
Would I want actually want to live in my present?

If I could give my life to him,
He would save me.
If I could leave my old life behind,
He would save me.

Should I leave my old life behind?
I would be stupid not to.
Should I be rid of my disgusting, sinful self?
Why wouldn't I jump at the chance?

If I could change my future,
He would lead me.
If I could trust in him,
He would lead me.

If I can learn from my mistakes,
I can be happy when I'm old.
If I can accept his grace and forgiveness,
I can be joyful into eternity.

If I could, should I let him change my past?
He wouldn't change it.
If I could, should I let him change my future?
He would RUN to embrace me.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he gave his only son, that who-so-ever will believe in him will not perish but have everlasting life.

1 comment:

  1. I know you e-mailed me this one but I really love it

    ReplyDelete