Tuesday, September 29, 2009

One for my wife

My Heart

I have a heart.
A heart that I hold in my hands.
It is full of life and love.
Full of potential.

I met a girl today.
The blonde haired, blue eyed captain of the cheerleaders.
I gave her a piece of the heart that I hold in my hands.
It's ok though, I still have plenty left.

I met a new girl today.
She is the raven haired beauty that comes to all my my concerts.
I gave her a piece of the heart that I hold in my hands.
It's still ok though, I still have a little left.

I met another new girl today.
She is the model that I met while at a party.
I gave her what was left of my heart that I held in my hands.
It's ok though, I don't really need my heart anymore.

*sigh* I met God today.
The Savior of the world and the forgiver of my sins.
I wanted to give my heart to him,
But I didn't have any heart left to give.

God met ME today.
The sinner, the wretch, the wordly sack of flesh that I am.
God gave me all of HIS heart.
Now I am overflowing with his happiness and love.

God introduced me to a new girl today.
She is the girl that he had set aside for me.
I shared that heart that God gave me with her today.
She is the one that I will spend the rest of my life with.

For better or worse.
Richer or poorer.
In sickness and health.
God has given me his heart for you.

Proverbs 4:23 - Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment