Wednesday, December 1, 2010

New happenings

Okay....where to start?

I went and auditioned for Mark Roach. That was, handsdown, the most terrifying audition I've ever been on. HUGE church, full lighting production and stage setup. Walked in to him doing Winter Wonderland to Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours." THAT was cool. He gets done with praise band rehearsal and brings me up on stage. His praise team goes and sits in the pews and they black out the auditorium with only the stage lights up. He has me go through the Aviom system and has me cranked in his monitor. Mistakes WILL be caught. We then proceed to hit 8 songs in about 30 minutes. One right after the other, no redo's. We finish, I pack up and go, thats it.

Luckily, he called me a couple days later and I got the gig. Phew!

The very next night, I auditioned for a group called The 45, a local rock band. Between everything else going on, I didn't get a chance to prepare for the audition (doh!) and went and did it cold. Managed to get the gig somehow and ended up in the studio for a 10 hour recording session on saturday and a 5 hour midnight mix session last night. (blah) The stuff sounds really nice. Cool group of guys and pretty easy going.

No comments:

Post a Comment